Wednesday, April 1, 2009

blog assignment #1

computer experience: I am nearly exclusively a mac user. I have used them for 15 years, however my knowledge with them isn't too terribly extensive. I have played a little bit with photoshop, but this class is my first experience with Illustrator. I am pretty familiar with quick keys on macs and very comfortable using them. I have also used PC's for a little bit of image editing and also for work purposes.

what are you excited about? I'm very excited about this term and getting a chance to really get to know Illustrator. I just started back in school in the fall with the graphic design program and couldn't be more ecstatic. Once I finish the program, I'm stoked about being able to incorporate art into my work and everyday life.

favorite books & magazines: As far as books go, I am a pretty big sci-fi geek. I love to read Orson Scott Card books. I also like to read some of Jacqueline Carey's stuff. That being said, I tend to have a wide range in reading-tastes. In all reality, if a friend tells me it's a good book, almost regardless of the genre, I'll probably read it. Although I don't really read magazines all that much. I just really haven't ever gotten into them.

favorite websites: Lately I've spent a lot of time reading some webcomics like xkcd.com and cyanide and happiness. One of the more hilarious (and pointless) sites that I often read is www.fmylife.com. I keep an active personal blog that I also use to keep up on friends and local happenings; I tend to spend a lot of my online-time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment