Friday, July 8, 2011

ack!

It has been quite awhile since I've logged on and blogged on. Maybe this is the time to start doing so on a regular basis. I've been working hard on trying to expand my knowledge, perfect my resume, build my portfolio (as well as client base), finish college and, most importantly, STAY SANE. Its possible, I swear.

One of the biggest worries I have in this field is the fact that I have very very little coding experience. I can do basic html tags, but that is about it. I don't know CSS at all. And I worry that this fact will make me a less desirable candidate for design positions. I have been doing a little research and I am planning on learning these elusive languages. Well, maybe they aren't elusive, but as of now, they are to me.

Building my resume and my portfolio have been on the top of my list of priorities. As of now, I have a job working at Portland State University. Its a student job and allows flexibility so I can finish out my last term without losing my mind completely. But I also don't have much down time to be able to work on my own stuff because I am here.

However, I am starting to create an online presence. At least I hope I am. I've created a Twitter account for my business self. I've got my website up and running, although it needs A LOT of work. I've got my photography up on a SmugMug site, and adding to it all the time. I started a FaceBook page, although that too needs a little attention and love. Bringing it all together and seeing things starting to flourish and really come together has been exciting. I have so much work to do still, but I'm working on giving myself the tools to do it.

Oh, yeah, follow me on Twitter, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment